Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Postcard

For the center piece of my fascinator I made a postcard, not just a normal postcard but one printed onto fabric.
Firstly I made a design on Word and printed it onto transfer paper, I had to reverse the text and pictures because once it's been transferred onto the fabric it will be the opposite way round. I used a picture of Philip Treacy and photo shopped a crown onto the picture so it would look like a stamp instead of the queens normal stamp. 

Then I used a heat press at 200 degrees to transfer the image onto plain fabric. 


Now it was time to get sewing! I sewed round the stamp in different stitches to get the effect on zig zags which you find on a normal stamp, if I was doing this again I would also sew a watermark onto the stamp but at the time I hadn't thought about that!



Then embroidered into some of the letters so the capitals stood out from the other text.  Finally I sewed the two sides together with blanket stitch to create a postcard! 



Sophie..




No comments:

Post a Comment